Site Review Committee
This Committee is charged under Chapter 11 - Site Plan Review of the Hinckley Township Zoning Resolution with the following intention:
“Having prepared and adopted a Township Master Policy Plan and established a continuing planning process, site plan review criteria are hereby established to achieve among others, the following purposes:”
- To provide for the planning of land use and the design of buildings as a coordinated process.
- To provide for the integration of new developments with the surrounding environment.
- To ensure the new development will make proper use of the natural environment.
- To ensure that sites are properly designed for traffic circulation and emergency access.
- To provide a system of site development controls to ensure that all developments are consistent with the Township Zoning Resolution.
- To ensure that a single development or one built in progressive stages will be constructed in accordance with the approved design.
- To ensure tha proposals will be developed in accordance with the objectives and policies of the Hinckley Township Master Policy Plan.
- The Zoning Commission shall review a final site plan to determine compliance with the criteria listed in Chapter 11 - Site Plan Review Section 11.8 "Zoning Commission Review of a Final Site Plan" before approving any new or change of use.