The Cemetery Sexton oversees the three cemeteries and will work with families to purchase a cemetery lot. The Cemetery Sexton also works with funeral home directors, monument and/or vault companies to coordinate a burial/funeral at the township cemetery.
It is the responsibility of the funeral home and or its director to contact the Cemetery Sexton to arrange for a burial/funeral and determine the time and date of the burial/interment.
Whether making arrangements for a loved one or planning in advance, contact the Cemetery Sexton to:
- Purchase or Sell a cemetery lot (cemetery deed)
- Make Burial/Funeral Arrangements at Cemetery
- Request approval of a proposed Memorial/Monument Marker (headstone)
- Request installation of a footer base for Memorial/Monument Marker
- Obtain Cemetery Records
- Request Maintenance
- Request a Veteran’s Flag Holder
- Ask General Questions related to the township cemeteries
The Cemetery Sexton can be contacted through the Hinckley Township Administration Office. The Cemetery Sexton is on-call for immediate assistance or by appointment, if necessary.